Industry: Automotive CAPEX
Services: Project Management, Owner Project Representation
Duration: 5 Years
Large Administration Building Renovation
CHALLENGE: An Automotive OEM experienced peak expenditures short term in their CAPEX program; beyond in-house capacity. They sought to engage experienced industrial and commercial project management support and interviewed five companies. ACM was selected as one of two companies for support.
SOLUTION: ACM supported the Big 3 Automotive OEM in:
- Providing leadership for the project and to the team;
- Assisting in the selection of design consultants, architect, and construction contractors;
- Coordinating the consultants, architects, and contractors tasks;
- Reviewing and commenting on the work product and deliverables of the consultants, architect, and contractors;
- Overseeing, managing and reporting on cost controls;
- Resolving schedule, cost, and quality control when appropriate;
- Monitoring schedule compliance;
- Reviewing and recommending solutions for constructability with appropriate change orders;
- Communicating status with project stakeholders and customers.
Project Representation/Project Management for:
Powertrain Engineering Building: $58M; 430,000 SF
Powertrain Building Renovation: $8.5M; 450,000 SF
Powertrain Headquarter Renovation: $28M; 255,000 SF
Product Climate Test Facility: $52M; 120,000 SF
Vehicle Emmissions Certificiation Test Facilitiy: $49M; 100,000 SF.