Services: Estimating and Cost Engineering, Planning and Scheduling, Consulting
Duration: 7 months
Project Controls Development
CHALLENGE: Develop an in-depth project controls approach for a nuclear power plant.
SOLUTION: ACM enacted the following methods:
Cost Management Process/Software Evaluation.
- Researched current project controls Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and software functionality;
- Developed a benefits/challenges matrix to identify possibilities of leveraging one facility’s cost management methodologies software and processes;
Cost Management Document and Cost Analyst User’s Manual Development.
- Documented the project cost responsibilities;
- Developed a cost management process document;
Cost Analysts Project Assignment Recommendations.
- Documented industry practices and integrated its own experience regarding a cost analyst’s workload;
- Developed a recommended individual cost analyst workload matrix; average number of projects supported by each cost analyst;
Scheduling Management Coding Structure Process.
- Developed a cost-benefit analysis regarding the potential upgrade of the scheduling software;
- Developed schedule process document for project managers and a User’s Manual for project schedulers;