Industry: Industrial Manufacturing
Services: Project Management, Planning and Scheduling
Duration: 2 months
Estimated Cost: $4,500,000
Hot Strip Mill Outage
CHALLENGE: Execute a planned eight (8) day outage at the steel manufacturer’s 80” Hot Strip Mill.
ACM provided resource loaded CPM scheduling and reporting to support the 8-day outage and finished work on time as planned with the following outcomes:
- Validated the scope against the master scope document and input labor and equipment resources into CPM schedule application
- Integrated key outage milestones into the CPM schedule
- Communicated and reported to the outage leadership team indicating the critical path and near critical path work activities, as well as variance from key outage milestones
- Facility Management Team resolved delay and poor variance performance
- Prioritized work for critical limited resources, particularly overhead cranes
- Prepared daily executive reports and overall outage report
- Detailed the lessons learned for outage team and supported continuous improvement
The outage was only four (4) hours past the target end date and time. This was a considerable improvement from the last outage which was several days behind schedule.